Saturday, December 24, 2005

Should I say....

....'Bah Humbug' yet?!?! The story continues....



My daughter has not made it in for Christmas yet....and it seems she won't....She spent time in the emergency room tonight, and was advised not to drive. Now she will be looking into flights, but it's certain she won't be here for our 'unconventional Christmas'!

I suppose we will postphone our 'celebration'...for it seems the wise thing to do now is just to be in the moment...(not that it was ever unwise to be....ha!) Is this some kind of 'self-fulfilling prophecy'!?! Did the suggestion of the 'unconventional Christmas' begin a kind of chain reaction of sorts?!?! I wonder...

On a positive note....My son just got home from a party he and some of his friends threw earlier tonight.....and these are the times when I am happy I fought to keep my house post-divorce. He's brought home a houseful of his friends to spend the night..One of his buddies is married now, and they are here too. I was right, some things you never outgrow...they are going to crash here...and I'm feeling very content being the 'designated mom'...(though no one appears to be intoxicated)...I think they just like to relive old times together....I love it!! (And I must add...(trying not to sound vindictive) that my ex has just built a big new house for himself ,and apparently his married girlfriend and her three kids, and thought doing so would 'unite' his family with hers? Ha!! Our kids are refusing to go there at all....go figure?! So should I say that this fact makes having the kids bring their friends here even sweeter?! Ok...NOT nice, I know!! Slay me, I'm still a bit bitter!!! Okay...sometimes a bit more than...especially since the last conversation I had w/the ex ended when he tossed out a couple of nasty remarks aimed at me for being the 'available parent'...all in defense of his poor parenting skills.. I think he will spend the rest of his life 'projecting'!! Pity....I could actually interact with him in a very civil way.....I wish HE'D grow up!! Seems his kids have done a better job of that than he!! (....steps off her soapbox now....))

Did I mention 'Bah Humbug'?!?! As I recall, Christmas used to be a horrible time for my ex....so much so that the kids and I used to refer to him as 'Scrooge'....we even gave him a tee shirt/nightshirt once with 'Bah Humbug' printed on the front....For some reason...the holidays seem to bring out the worst in him...he was not fun to be around during this time...come to think of it....there are many times when being with him feels that way....hello!!?!!?!! Ok.....not to spoil 'this' Christmas with those memories....now....where was I?!

'Contemplating this 'unconventional Christmas' we are having without even trying.....wondering what's next....ha!! Oh...should I add that a friend of mine was kind enough to include me in his Friday night activities tonight, and that I had a bit too much to drink...and made a total @zz of myself?! How ungrateful do I seem now?!?! I wish I could make some excuse....the holiday stress, the ex yelling at me, everyone being sick...but I can't...I just acted stupid..that is all....the 'spirits' have a way of bringing that out in me....grrrr....(Note to self....remember that 3 is your limit!!) Sigh!!!

I think I should just say it....and end this embarrassing blog!!!

'BAH HUMBUG'!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Greybeard said...

From experience:

You'll know you are healing when you can look at him and feel pity.....
he's mentally ill, and you know it.
His lies and behavior are catching up with him, and he can't take personal responsibility for the results of his behavior.

Take his insults without fighting back..
the guy is really sad!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home