Monday, December 26, 2005

Just a word....

It's apparent to me today the significance of just a word......spoken, written, internalized....it has an effect on our psyche'. We manifest this in our demeanor...our behavior....our actions....our thoughts about ourselves. So would it not seem wise to choose our words carefully?!

I've noticed the change of expression on someone's face just at the mention of a word....I've felt a knot tighten in my stomach over one word spoken or written...I feel the same in my chest at times. I've seen people become angry and lash out verbally and sometimes physically over words exchanged. I've witnessed a person become sad over a word. People become frustrated over a single word. An entire range of emotions can be triggered by our words. So....food for thought....and....(*Note to Di*......choose your words carefully!!!) :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home