Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holiday Reflections...

To my orange-cat-loving son, and my cat-(rescuer)-loving daughter...and all the rest of you who share the love...



Last evening while visiting with some friends, I observed their mesmorized cat perched on the arm of the sofa pawing at the shiny ornaments on the nearby Christmas tree. Now and then a red glass ball would tumble to the carpet....just a simple thing, yet truly one of the finer joys of the holiday season to absorb and enjoy!

Another such moment occurred while driving to a friend's house earlier in the same evening. On the way I saw, and I believe this was truly the first time in my life I've seen this (since I grew up in the deep South where these scenes were not part of the environment), children skating on a frozen pond with snow all around covering the surrounding landscape. It was like a Norman Rockwell painting! I reflected on this later and felt warmed by the thought of it.....these small events represent the true pleasures of the season!!

May you all find your own special moments to treasure!! Di :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home