Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lesson Learned (as suggested)!!! :))

Men are so *fickle, yes, they are! Not just the most recent one I've dealt with, but I'm realizing that MANY of the men I have known have proven this to be true. I would speculate that most people, both men and women, have a tendency to believe that this is an adjective which applies mostly, if not entirely, to the female gender. Ha!! I believe many women have **willingly (okay, maybe because they are conditioned to do so in general) taken on this title. During my most recent encounter with yet another fickle man, I found myself once again ***demeaning my person in repsonse to his outrageous and confusing behavior directed at me. Can you believe it.....I HAVE been taught to cater to such immaturity!!!!

I'm so proud of myself today. Initially, I went along, as is my habit, with acting as if I deserved the punitive response I received for making an inquiry to the questionable behavior I witnessed from this man and another woman. You'd think my lessons regarding 'projection' would have sunk in by now. But it was not until and upon reflection that I learned what was eating at me most in the aftermath of it all -- how voluntarily I demeaned myself, even offering up uneccessary apologies in the process. Sheesh!! Once I internalized and stomached this, I finally came to my senses, withdrew my apologies and the horrible things I stated about myself, and as he suggested I do....took what happened to 'learn from this for use in future relationships'. HA!!!!

I've learned alright....I've learned not to cater to the fickle behavior of men who would have me take responsibility for their issues. I'm done with that!! And today, rather than demean myself, I lift myself up and out of that muck and mire!! Deep breath out.....it sure feels good!!!!

~~~~~~~~~

*fickle (adjective)

Definition: changeable: likely to change, especially in affections, intentions, loyalties, or preferences


**willing (adjective) /willingly (adverb)

Definition: 1. ready to do something voluntarily: ready to do something without being forced

2. helpful: cooperative and enthusiastic

3. offered voluntarily: offered or given by somebody readily and enthusiastically


***demean (transitive verb)/demeaning (adjective)

Definition: humiliate and degrade: to reduce somebody to a much lower status in a humiliating way


3 Comments:

Blogger Greybeard said...

Yet more healing.
Good for you.
Keep the updates coming, please.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All I can say to that is, "if it doesn't affect your breathing, its not a major problem.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Bob...how on earth did you find this post?! I don't even remember what or whom this was about, go figure! You're right...I'm breathing just fine!! ;p

Di

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home