Saturday, June 07, 2008

Who knew?!?!

For those of you who, like myself, have had difficulties with feeling resentment toward a cheating spouse, the following information might help you find new perspective and to actually breathe a sign of relief. And yes, it may even help you to let go (seems to be a running theme with me...letting go). If so many books are written about these topics, I must not be alone; and you know, this new book I've discovered makes me glad to be on THIS side of the equation.

I used to tell the ex (I need to come up with a new title for him...there's a song I heard recently that I'll have to find and add here...the title is *Note to Self*...ha...I'm digressing...anyway...) that I felt he had reduced himself to the 'lowest common denominator' of society by the way in which he chose to deal with his 'issues' (surrounding our marriage/separation/divorce). I know that in some marriages men and sometimes also women feel that they have a 'reason' to cheat. Such 'reasons' are usually based on what they feel is a major flaw in their spouse or marital relationship. This book reassurred me that I don't have to feel as if I'm the cause of my ex's pathetic choices, that in fact part of his tactic was always to make me 'feel' that I was to blame -- you know, he was basically trying to displace his own feelings of guilt by finding fault with me, yada yada. But I'm getting ahead of myself here, so let me back up....

One night (in the wee hours of the morning actually), I was yet again bitching and moaning about this long ago worn-out topic of infidelity and the aftermath. A very kind and tolerant person, a fellow blogger for that matter, lent a sympathetic ear. Obviously, it was a theme she'd heard all too often (and apparently so have many others). Wallah, she presented me with a book title, feeling I would certainly connect with the info therein, and now I present it to those of you who can relate.





I will tell you that the knowledge I gained from reading this has left me with a slightly different perspective. While the info was not new to me, it was outlined in a most helpful way -- one that could be grasped easily. It has provided me with a sigh of relief and a sense of the reality of the situation that I needed to see more clearly. It gave me a chance to sort of 'float above the room', to see myself and the situation from afar, and to see the role my ex played against the one I assumed in the process.

If you're in need of such a rescue, then this book is for you. I only want to hear back from you if you DO NOT see your cheating spouse in the manner presented. I'm amazed that this behavior is so common among men. If I were such a cheating scoundrel, recognizing myself in this book would leave me embarrassed and ashamed instead of walking about with an arrogant chip on my shoulder.

Thanks, C, for the relief this book has provided me!! Love ya, girl!! :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home