Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I am awestruck!!


Online Videos by Veoh.com


Words cannot adequately describe the concert I experienced with these two great artists last night!! Separately they are outstanding and most unique--together they are magical, dynamic, pure--nothing short of amazing! To say I was awestruck is an understatement! I've attended a lot of concerts in my lifetime, I'd even heard Alison Krauss before and had no idea what to expect from this combination, but this was seriously unlike anything I've ever witnessed musically.

In the first set, I had tears in my eyes, literally, as I took in the beauty of it all. The instrumentation, the blending of two powerful, yet smooth, voices....it was just overwhelming!! I cannot say enough good things about these phenomenally talented artists! Some people were just born to do what they do...talent seemed to ooze from their very beings! I am so pleased to have witnessed what I'm already considering the divine intervention that brought these two together....they were just astounding!

So, needless-to-say, if you have the opportunity to see them as they tour, I can assure you that you will be glad you did! Listening to the CD again just now, I find that it is impossible to capture the essence of the live performance I witnessed...it was truly like no other. I felt that Alison Krauss' voice was the female version of Robert Plant's or vice versa...both were powerful, strong, smooth....just the ultimate perfect blend...harmony that was out of this world...seriously, it was hard to tell where one began and the other ended. Their coupling was indeed fate!!! (Can you tell I LOVED this duet...actually, T Bone Burnett and the band served as the perfect vehicle for delivering this amazing show!) Kudos to them all!! The combined experience was dynamic and heartwarming all at the same time!! Catch them if you can!!! I promise you, even if you have not been a fan of either, you will experience a life-changing event! Together they are something new and different and unforgetable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home