Friday, February 02, 2007

I'm STILL looking for the humor...

...in the jokes my ex used to tell at MY expense. Is this a 'universal' thing (go figure, my ex is Italian too), for philanderers to make a joke of it as they flirt in the presence of their spouse? Sheesh, I guess they just can't miss an opportunity when they see another beautiful woman, so they think, 'Hey, let's downplay the flirtation with a joke'?!? Or better still they decide, 'Let's bring the wife into it (as if she's too stupid to realize what he's doing) and make her the brunt of a joke'!! I say good for her for calling him out!!!!

Hindsight--I would have done the same thing!! I say, too, for those women who 'flirt' back--I think it's time women place themselves in the other woman's/wife's place--it takes 'two to tango', and I'm still appalled at women who have no problem getting involved in another woman's/man's marriage. I've heard all the lame excuses why they do so, but the bottom line is--he is married to another woman!! Is there NO respect for this at all?! Not to mention--self-respect (on BOTH sides)!! I think that is a character trait that has no value these days.

Granted, I'm not one to make a scene, obviously, I stayed in my marriage and suffered lots of this type of humiliation, and as noted in the previous post, I accepted his lies on top of it all. But we truly become victims whenever we discover the truth and remain silent about it. So again, I say good for this woman for claiming her self-worth in whatever manner works for her. He did not mind publicly humiliating her, so it seems 'turnabout IS fair play'!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Greybeard said...

He married his wife after being "entranced by her charms as she appeared topless during a play in Milan".

Yeah, what a solid foundation on which to base a marriage.
She certainly shouldn't expect this idiot to flirt with other women now!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home