Sunday, December 10, 2006

Waiting....

In the initial hours after receiving the news about my dad's heart attack, before I knew what would take place next, many thoughts were running through my mind. I arrived early at the airport with time on my hands while waiting for my flight out. I pulled out a pen and notebook and jotted down these thoughts:

" My dad is fighting for his life,and I'm stuck here at the airport, party to the chatter all around me, though I'm not the least interested in what others have to say. I feel like a forced 'eavesdropper' to the things they are sharing--cut-throat businessmen--making deals by cell phone--one-upping one another--Thank God I don't have their jobs! They are writing/dictating proposals while I search for words to offer to God in exchange for my dad's next breath--"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home