Friday, December 29, 2006

"Leaving On A Jet Plane"

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye"

"But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die..."


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

.....I remember holding my firstborn when he was a very tiny baby...and shedding tears of joy....he was so precious...so beautiful.....I knew those moments would be fleeting. On this day, I felt the full impact of that day. Look closely and you'll see the inside of the airport with 'mom's' image reflected in the glass that looks out at her son's departing plane. If you could look closer....you would see yet another tear as she catches a glimpse of that first moment...staring back at her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greybeard said...

Melancholy again...
bittersweet, isn't it?
Your words could easily be coming from my heart!

Our son just graduated college. He already has two job offers, both 'way out of State. Questions abound-
Have we prepared him properly for life on his own?
How painful will this transition be for us.... the empty nesters?

I hope that we, like you, can take pleasure in our memories, Di.

I hope Christmas added to those good memories for you.
Have a good New Year's too!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home