Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shopping Infomercials!!

In a few days I should receive my new ' Oreck XL Professional Air Purifiers, Signature Series ' units (that's right, not one but two...it was a 'sweet deal', okay?!) with bonus gifts included for calling in right away! And while I was on hold with the operator who kept referring to her notes in order to answer my questions, visions of 'The New and Improved Titanium XL21 Premium Two Speed Model Vacuum Cleaner with 21-Year Warranty' kept invading my psyche, it was, afterall, the first 'Oreck' appliance to capture my attention some time ago. Well, can you blame me for having these dreams?! One such model was the only item to survive the hurricane that hit New Orleans...and it still worked afterwards!! I KNOW this claim HAS to be true, the owner was there beside Dave Oreck himself, and he too, works for the 'Oreck' company, he's not gonna lie to his boss about this, is he?! Without a doubt, this can be documented, right?!

So, anyway, this unfortunate (or fortunate, depending on how you see it..he still had a job AND his vacuum cleaner, and no doubt Dave compensated him for salvaging his vac) fellow held in his hand the only thing that survived Katrina...yep, his faithful and sturdy 'Oreck' vacuum cleaner! Not only did it survive, it was still working despite the fact that it looked as if a 'Mac Truck' had run over it. How impressive is that?! I was sold!! Okay...not right away. I did not want to call in based on someone playing the 'sympathy' card.

But now, several months later, I could just casually inquire about the vac as I placed the order for the purifier (which I COULD justify, because my parrot, Kanoni, is costing me a fortune in vet bills due to her sneezing from various allergies and bacteria, and the purifier I'd purchased before is a pain to clean...well, compared to the 'Oreck' one, which can just be held under a running water faucet, unlike mine, that has to be cleaned with a damp cloth and then must dry for hours before reusing it...), right?

So the confused sales lady returns and tells me that if I purchase not one, but two purifiers, I'd get a better deal, and if I set up monthly payments, I could have them paid for in no time (alright..5 months). No wonder they don't advertise the prices while on the air...who knew they were so expensive. But when you compare their product to the 'Ionic Pro Air Purifier with Bonus Ionic Pro Mini' one I purchased at 'Wal-mart', no matter how inexpensive (and at the time I thought IT was costly), it's a better deal for the money, right?

I mean they compared the one I have to theirs....when the filters were cleaned with water, the 'Oreck' served up a glass of black water, and like they said, who 'wants to breathe that?' Now that I think of it, I don't remember if they got around to showing what mine could serve, but I do recall that when they placed a bunch of balloons in front of the model like mine, nothing happened...they fell to the floor...no air flow?! But the 'Oreck' had those balloons dancing! And when they placed the 'Oreck' purifier in an acrylic box filled with smoke, it sucked that smoke right into the purifier in seconds. I guess that is what they sucked up and filled the glass with later. So why wouldn't I want, not one, but two of these life/breath-saving units in my house?! Neither will be wasted....I have a three level house...hmm...which level will get the 'Ionic'?!

So, where was I?! Oh yeah, the 'XL21 Titanium Vacuum'....the sales lady, Monica, told me if I got the vacuum cleaner there would be more bonus gifts and heck, we could just add the price of the vac to the monthly payment plan I'd already set up for the purifiers. Why not?! I'm on a roll, and she won't have to know I was suckered by the hurricane victim, poor soul, having to make his living now by selling his vacs TV screen to TV screen. Monica is very happy also, she increased her sale!!

Well, seeing that I am a busy lady here, or at least I will be as soon as my new vacuum cleaner arrives, I should get back to the work I have cut out for myself today. I've got to pack up and send back the 'Sellecca Solution 90 Day Skin Care Kit w/bonus items' that didn't work for me (not to worry, 'Susan Lucci's Youthful Essence Personal Microdermabrasion System' seems to be doing the trick...I'll keep you posted...) before the time expires. I wonder which will arrive first, my 'Oreck' purifiers, vacuum cleaner and bonus gifts, or the 'QVC Special of the Day' skin care products I ordered last night by 'Bare Escentuals' ?!? The suspense is killing me!!

'Ain't' shopping the infomercials fun?!?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Northwoods Woman said...

I can't tell if you are using sarcasm or not here. I have been suckered into trying things I've always wanted to try. Thinking I could return them and then getting sucked or suckered into paying for it.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Di said...

I'm typically a little sarcastic...I blame my paternal grandfather..he had SUCH a dry sense of humor...it was infectious. My grandmother was rather comical too...both taught me to laugh your way through life if you can. I miss them...they were great fun!!

Now...the vac...and other items I was suckered into purchasing, ha....I must say that these items have been well worth the investment....not that I enjoy housework ideally, but given it must be done, these products have made the work a bit easier!!

The Susan Lucci thingy is working too...God knows I had plenty of dead skin to exfoliate, ha!! And if you have not tried 'Bare Ecentuals' you should...I think it's the greatest makeup..I've filled a makeup bag with it for my mom for Christmas.

Happy Holidays all!!! Cheers!! And thanks for stopping by!!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home