Monday, November 06, 2006

Sharing a cup of tea with Gut Rumbles....

I have a cup that I purchased when I was in Savannah, Georgia a few years ago. It is porcelain and has the design of Savannah's typical housing surrounding it, complete with trees covered in hanging moss, symbolic of the kind of scene found in this city. It's one of my favorite cups.

Awhile back, I discovered some photos in a blog that I recognized as being shot in Savannah. A fellow blogger, 'Acidman', was in the photos, and upon seeing them, I knew exactly where he was standing. Savannah is that distinct. I've since added his friend's blog to my list of favorites, and I recall commenting on the photos in my own blog. Savannah became a sort of connection to these two people I had never met, because I did know Savannah.

Oftentimes, I would fill my favorite cup from Savannah with tea or coffee before I would sit down to read my favorite blog, 'Gut Rumbles'. I felt like it connected me to the author, in some strange way, because I'd purchased it in the town where he lived.

Today I filled the cup with tea, and realized just how much I miss sharing it with my old friend, 'Acidman'. He may be gone, but he is not forgotten.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironic, I was just at his blog and left him a comment. Granted, he'll never read it, I wanted to leave it, regardless. I do miss him so very much.

Strange, how he comes to us...through little things like a cup of tea.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Northwoods Woman said...

Oh I envy you that cup, it is beautiful!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Di said...

I know, Dana, are we a little pathetic?! Do you think he'd find it interesting, at least, that we are still hanging around?! Ha...and my toenails are RED today!! :)) BTW...whatever became of the campaign? 'Just curious?!)

Liv, I wish I could get one for you!! It 'is' a lovely cup, and for some weird reason, of all the cups I own, this one gives me a warm feeling when I have it in my hand. I got it at a little shop in one of the many blocks in Savannah. If I run across the business card for the shop, I'll send the name to you!!

Thanks, ladies, for taking the time to stop by my blog!!! :))

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home