Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Stroll Down Memory Lane.....

Now and then I browse through the blogs I've discovered to be interesting or entertaining or passed along by friends....In one such blog I discovered some photos of interest because they were taken in a location that I know quite well, even though I've only visited the city once. It's one of those places you are not likely to forget. It has a unique and intriging atmosphere....From glancing at the photos, I knew right away where the people in them were standing....I'd been there myself....

The city is Savannah, Georgia...and rather than elaborate about the city itself....I just want to make a note of my favorite memory from that visit....It was one of the last trips I made with my ex, his partner and wife, but that aside....the highlight for me was discovering a restaurant that is tops on my list over any other anywhere. Mind you, I am not addicted to food, just the opposite, which makes this even more memorable....I appreciate good food, and coming from the deep south myself, I enjoy nothing more than a traditional home-cooked meal...This restaurant served up home-cooking at it's best, and well, left me feeling something like (on the right click on the 'QuickClip': "I'll have....") Meg Ryan portrayed in 'When Harry Met Sally'....who knew (okay...this attachment thingy is not working so..click on 'Fun Features' on the left and then take note of: "Did You Know?"...sorry to make you work, but trust me, it's not as much as I did searching for these links....) food could REALLY create such a feeling?! I actually had to excuse myself and retreat to the ladies room for a splash of water to my face....('had to be the 'special combination of select herbs' applied to the roasted duck recipe (From the _Savannah Seasons_ cookbook, page 346 of the Index, 'Duck Two Ways: Crisped and Crumbed', found on page 202-3), a dish I'd never tasted before and will NEVER forget..ha!!

Moving right along (whew!)....I will leave you with the name of the restaurant and would encourage you to dine there should you ever visit the lovely city of Savannah.....trust me, a visit is certain to provide an experience you will never forget...Oh....it happened at 'Elizabeth on 37th'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home