Friday, December 30, 2005

It's Christmas Eve at last......

Okay...not really, but here in our household tonight is Christmas Eve...Yep, we are FINALLY observing the occasion...without my daughter....sigh!! She's not going to make it this year...and it just seems WRONG to celebrate without her....We held out hope that she would find a way to make the trip...but with her illness (including dizziness..(preventing her from driving)) and last minute flights being so expensive...it's not going to happen.....Sooo...we decided we should move forward before the New Year is here....(are we cutting it close or what?!)....and celebrate while it's still 2005!!!

As is customary for us, we opened one gift just before bedtime....(our 'Christmas 'jammies'). :)) Everybody is wearing 'gingerbread men' this year..ha! Funny how the kids never seem to tire of this tradition....(even if they did....it's doubtful they'd admit it to mom)!!! :))

And yes, folks, mom 'got her act together'.....(better late than never, huh?!)....and dismissed the idea of the 'Unconventional Christmas'!! It was a good thought...but well....giving myself permission to consider it, relieved me of the pressure, I suppose, and somehow I managed to accomplish what was seemingly impossible....Okay, so I have not begun cooking....okay...I've not even gone to the grocery store yet...Perhaps that will happen tomorrow(?!).....especially if I convince myself I don't 'have to'!!! Haha! Things seem to be working out best this way.....

So, I'm feeling like I should read _The Night Before Christmas_ or something....or perhaps...I should just go to bed....or else....'Santa' could just 'fly right over our house'....now we would not want THAT would we??!?!

..." 'Twas the night before Christmas"......Happy Holidays, folks!!!! :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home