Saturday, November 04, 2006

The trees outside my kitchen window.....

....are bare now, much like this empty page was before I began to write. Sometimes I just sit and stare at the empty page, wanting so badly to come up with something/anything to place upon it. Is that really necessary?! Can I just live with the emptiness, the barrenness?! It's apparent that I've had little to say lately. Can I live with that?! There is a season for this it seems. I'm challenged to just let it be....to embrace the quiet stillness of it all.

(This is not a current pic, I'll post one tomorrow, but my son took this one last year that captures the mood. If I've posted it before, my apologies. I do like using what he saw.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Northwoods Woman said...

even barren that is a beautiful landscape. Think of how many people look out their kitchen/bathroom/bedroom window and see the house next door.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Di said...

You are so right about this!! I've been fortunate...all three of the houses we've lived in here have had wooded backyards. I DO love my view, and the one in the front is spectacular even with houses visible. I can see the entire valley before me, all of downtown, surrounded by the mountains in the distance. In fact, I'm surrounded 360 by the Blueridge Mountains. I hope never to take the beauty for granted!! Thanks for the reminder!! :))

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home