Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Hidden Letter....

I came downstairs to my office to create a blog that I felt would need to be hidden in my drafts. There were three comments waiting for me from a 'fellow-blogger' that were a godsend. Funny how life works out that way sometime.

I was going to write a letter to a friend outlining the reasons (I see that) he and I have chosen to carry on a 'dysfunctional' relationship. Because I'm feeling a bit more focused today than usual, it was very clear to me this morning. But after reading the comments in my email/blog (basically mirroring back to me that I DO have insight...the ability to see things as they really are, even when they seem to be hidden from me) I realize now, the letter would contain a lot of 'rationalization' and carry a desire on my part to appear 'knowledgeable'...in other words....'not as stupid as I feel I appear/am behaving'.

It would probably become a letter with more of the 'ranting and raving' I'm so 'good' at, not unlike what was previously displayed in this blog, only with a different name attached. That 'I' know the truth would not provide the complete solution I'm seeking, unless I am ready to take action and bring about the logical change that needs to occur. I can invite the other to participate in creating a satisfying change for both of us, but it's likely that he's comfortable with things as they are....I know I would be...at least temporarily....so I won't get any support there for what I am lacking, because HE is not (lacking). HELLO!!! Been there, huh?! I seem to 'live' there.

My commenter, who by the way, only clicked onto my blog through the link at 'blogspot', did NOT leave any comments until I contacted him after reading HIS blog upon finding it through my good ole 'sitemeter' (see, I told you life has a funny way sometimes of taking us where we need to be and when...(and if anyone followed the opening sentence to this paragraph...you're GOOD!!) )...anyway, he's 'painstakingly' (for many reasons I know this to be true) reading through my entire blog, it seems, and has asked to hear how the 'Christmas Story' ended.

I am now challenged to reread my own posts, so that I can try to follow a logical sequence to provide the proper ending (Yes, 'Virginia' (ha!), there is one, and it unfolded ONLY recently). I DO have this tendency to ramble on and on....oftentimes losing my original train of thought. So, my challenge is to become more focused, more coherent! I'll 'begin' when I provide the 'ending' he asked for.

Meanwhile, the hidden letter can wait! I've got other work to do!!

4 Comments:

Blogger slobber said...

wow, lots of espionage going on here! what shall it bring?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Well, it brought me to my senses a bit, and gave me the courage to just speak up and ask for what I want. It's a beginning, right?! Not sure, yet, what it will bring. To be continued.....

11:26 AM  
Blogger slobber said...

don't hold back

2:39 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Ha!! 'Inquiring minds' still wanna know, huh?! ;-) In time, I'm sure I may share more.

Are you interested in trading e-mail addys? Some things don't need to be posted, ya know? Hopefully, you know you can trust me by now?!?!! :))

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home