Sunday, January 15, 2006

'Tapper'....

....and his flock are becoming friendlier...more trusting, if you will.....My friend who owns a pet crow predicted this.....He said they would begin to come closer and would eventually remain in my presence. He also informed me that they would alter their calls...maybe even try to mimic my voice...The funny thing is...they are making sounds similiar to a cat. I have two fat cats that have discovered the feasts I leave on the deck table for the crows...they are indulging themselves as well. The crows don't seem to mind, in fact, they are known to share their 'prey'. So I'm assuming they are using a bit of cunning in order to retain their place at the feast....

Anyway...today as I was watering some plants inside the family room, I glanced out the window onto the deck. There I noticed one of the crows in the flowerbox having it's fill....for once it did not fly away, and I believe this is the closest I've been to one so far. It stayed long enough for me to take several photos. So....I thought it may be fun to keep my log of such events here...In time, I hope to be this close without a window between us. I'll keep ya posted....in the meantime, they are still tapping on the windowpane each morning...now moreso than ever before...I think they're enjoying the remains of the holidays!! :))



(Here's looking at you, Ken!!) ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger eyeovthestorm said...

Love your blog...expecially the quote from Toni Morrison!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Hi!!! Thanks so much for stopping in...I quoted Toni Morrison?! Ha!!! Who knew....it was not intentional..or perhaps the wrong person has gotten credit?! Help me ouuut!!!! Di :))

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home