Monday, November 24, 2008

Love yourself...love your children!!

I want to share these music videos because I feel they portray the message I shared in my previous post. I learned about this song after my daughter posted a cover of herself singing it. I'm happy that she 'gets it', and the sharing of her video validated this for me.

The song is Top of the World by Patty Griffin. I feel it's worthy to share the artist's version of the song:



The Dixie Chicks also made a video of the song which clearly presents the meaning of the song. I'm sure many of us can relate. My husband took two things with him when he left our home -- a restored Coca Cola machine which reminded him of his childhood in a positive way, and a chair we'd reuphostered that had been his father's favorite chair from his childhood home. I believe the song tells our story quite well. (My daughter's version was not embedded, so you can click on above to hear her.) I'm sure you will appreciate its worth!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home