Friday, July 07, 2006

More on Victory Stadium...

My tendency is to write for myself, a diary, if you will, so often I forget to include details to provide clarity for those few of you who attempt to follow along. I'm grateful for you guys who keep up on a regular basis (as well as the new folks who've taken a peek...primarily due to my link provided by our beloved friend and fellow blogger, 'Acidman'...may he R.I.P.), I value the exchanges we've made as a result. My life is richer having made your acquaintances, so thanks for that!!!

Per request, I'll leave a link today that provides some background on Victory Stadium. I hope this contributes to an understanding of the photos you've seen previously. You can google and find out more if you'd like about how the demolition came about, etc. Because I'm not a native of this area, my memories are somewhat limited to the celebrations held annually on the 4th of July, which is why I focused on that aspect moreso than the overview. But this is great, the stadium, like our old friend, Rob, is worth remembering for the rest of our days. I'm glad to share both with you!! Thanks for your interest and support!!

3 Comments:

Blogger slobber said...

That's interesting stuff Di. I love local history. there's so much that's happened so close to where we live or grew up, and these hidden stories are just as interesting as anything that's around.

you especially, live in a very historical area of the country.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Di said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Di said...

I'll try to keep you updated. Once again I found myself in the middle of the latest 'drama' surrounding this demolition, and thus on the 10 O'Clock News!! I was asked by the newscaster to e-mail some photos I took of this most recent 'event', which I did. I did not follow along to find out if they were used, but I had a great time in the process as I got my first taste of photo-journalism. I'm having fun!!!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home