Sunday, May 28, 2006

It's A Girl!!

It's official, the vet verified it this week (actually, I learned on May 25, 2006 at 2:27 p.m.)...Kanoni (an African name/feminine form meaning 'little bird') is a girl!!! My instinct in choosing a name was correct!!!

Now, I'm in the process of teaching her to make an adjustment to a phrase she'd learned. She was learning to say 'I'm King of the World'. Rather than 'King', I thought she could substitute 'Queen'; but she's also learning to say, 'I'm a girrrrrrrrl', and SHE seems to prefer that phrase over either of the other two...how appropriate, huh?! What's even cuter, she's learned to 'high four' with her claw!! Now isn't THAT special?!?! She's ONE smart bird, but then...she IS female!!! ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger slobber said...

i hope you haven't given her any transgender issues.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Ha!! I know...I think she is a lesbian....haha..nahh....maybe transgender/no gender preference?! I don't know...won't matter, poor thing may never have an opportunity to mate...but she sure is sweet...AND very intelligent!!! ;-)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Di said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home