Tuesday, January 01, 2013

It IS indeed a NEW YEAR!!!

I'm coming out of a brief time of hibernation -- of being withdrawn from the routines of everyday life.  Perhaps following the preparation for the holidays and survival of the many celebrations, I found this isolation necessary.  I must admit, I didn't feel very positive about myself during the down time, but as I emerge today, I view that time differently.  I am so programmed to beat myself up when I'm in, what is sometimes deemed as, a negative mode.  In fact, it may be one of the most positive of times!  I feel rejuvenated, invigorated, and ready to tackle the new year before me. 

I did not expect to have this feeling today.  I fell asleep last night feeling the literal, physical pain of abuse to my body incurred during the holidays -- too much junk food and exertion (I haven't yet accepted the need to scale back a bit with respect for my aging body), and lack of rest.  In other words, I crashed and felt as if I would never overcome the feeling!  When I rose, I began to attach all those negative messages (baggage) I've carried around for most of my lifetime to the isolation.  I must have processed this in my sleep though, because when I awoke on the sofa to the pounding noise of the TV still blaring, I heard a still inner voice providing me with a clear course of action for the new year.  Mind you, I had not planned to make resolutions that would be ignored once they were made.  But it is a new year, a fact I cannot ignore, so I got out the journal and left notes for myself to remind me of this moment as it fades into the future.  I also began an action list to back up the insight.  Then I looked about me and began organizing the clutter lying all around and moved into the kitchen to nourish my body as a way to energize myself to keep moving!  Felt like a good start to me!!  Simplicity --  that is what I hope to create through my movement into the new year.

Yep, I've come out of the cave!  I won't allow the labels of brooding, isolating, withdrawn, or depressed to define this place where I've been.  Taking time out of a busy schedule is necessary for regrowth.  I'm ready to tend the garden, to prepare for the change and growth that can only come with a goal, a plan for how to make it happen.  Space to form this plan was vital!  I've taken note of what I want to create in the year ahead, and I'm grateful for the gift of time which made this inspiration possible!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  My wish for each of you (from my personal insight saved in my journal) is to create meaningful experiences -- they will always speak to you in encouragement!!  Let this be your guide!  Keep life simple!!  Then you will find you have space to enjoy it!!  And I hope you will!!  I pray for good health for all of us in every aspect of our lives!!  Good luck in fulfilling your goals and plans for a fruitful life!!  We can do it!!  Today is the time to get ready to take action!!  Go forward and thrive!!!  And always take time to rest and reflect on how good life really can be if you respect, value, and trust yourself!!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home