Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Typoglycemia...I have symptoms of this 'disorder'!!!

I found this hidden in my e-mail. Now I have an excuse!!

Typoglycemia

*Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it!*

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdaniegThe phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem atCmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn 't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in awrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer bein the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raedit wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed erveylteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition isarppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia :-)~

*Amzanig huh? *

Yaeh, and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt...

3 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Yaeh, I tuohgt so as wlel!! 'Hpoe you ejnoeyd!! :))

1:51 PM  
Blogger slobber said...

Ok Di,

Let me get this straight in my thick head. if you can read it well, then you are typoglycemic? correct?

i hope so, for a second there i thought i was going to have to change my diet.

There's a paragraph that's been past around for ages. you are asked to read it and then count the number of of(s) you see. everyone gets it wrong because the brain always skips over the word of.

interesting stuff.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Di said...

A, yes, I'm thinking that the ability to decipher this paragraph means you are 'typoglycemic', ha?!!? Personally, I choose to believe it means that if I make a mistake...ha...luckily, those of you with the disorder, at least, will not even notice...haha!

I think I've also seen the 'of test' you mentioned...and likely failed it as well!!

Sheesh....I've gotten more comments on this than anything I've shared, go figure!! All in fun...I hope I gave you a chuckle! I'm happy to have one devoted reader. :))

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home