Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A few things I've learned so far....

Duh!! Some of this will seem like common sense, but well, not to this computer illiterate person!!

First I want to say that DELL tech support is the greatest, so far, though their marketing department is like any other sales department out to make a sale...they are trained well to do so, and that was my problem in the past...I attempted to buy a computer without enough knowledge. Yes, knowledge IS power!! I won't say more. Regardless, I bought my laptop from a local distributor of DELL computers...mistake....let's just say, he has NOT represented them well, and fortunately I have DELL tech on the phone helping me clean up behind him. I just hope it's in time to save my PCs....

I've learned a thing or two along the way, after about eight hours on the phone with several different tech people. For one, a wireless laptop is like a cell phone essentially, sometimes your connection is good, sometimes it is not. When you lose your signal, it's not the always a problem with the modem or the router..often the signal is just lost....unfortunately, frequently, so is the work you've spent considerable time on....like the many posts I attempted to leave here, or an e-mail that I devoted time and thought in writing.

I suppose there are worse things in life to lose....all in perspective. Being a 'hoarder' of all things written (yes, I've also read about and learned...while I've been absent from here and browsing thru the 'Barnes and Noble' bookshelves....that 'compulsive hoarding' is a true disorder....see what one can accomplish when not sitting at the PC so much?!), I am dismayed to learn I may have to save what I can on my computers, wipe out what is left, and reload/restore what I can. The thought truly challenges my desire to hold on to everything!!

I'd resorted to keeping a notebook (yes, using pen and paper) to get in touch with my 'need' to hold on to so many things, and 'walla', life has thrown this challenge my way...we'll see how I survive!! Perhaps I've subconsciously asked for this? Well, I'd decided to learn to let go, to reorganize my life, and become clutter-free...now I have my first opportunity!!

I do have my camera connected again, so I will post a couple of pics of my crows on the deck scavenging for food beneath our big snow a few weeks back. I have a new 'critter' now too.....seems a raccoon is taking care of the leftovers!! I'm beginning to feel like 'Elly May' with so many 'critters' a.k.a. 'varmits' hanging around!! Now I just need a 'cement pond' to make life sweet! Ha!!!

(*note to self*...share the story someday about your grandparents striking oil on their land...the TRUE 'Clampetts'....also...do a spell check on these names! ha!)

Have a great week people....I'm working on that myself!!! :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home