Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Tree of Life

Figuratively speaking, I feel as if I have been pushed from the highest cliff, and I am frozen in the first few seconds of free-falling to the earth which seems a great distance below me. I feel shocked, in disbelief, a bit panicked, and terribly saddened about what lies ahead. I do not want to go there, and I wish time could stand still forever as I feel it has in this moment.

I gazed out my kitchen window this morning at the tree I've been observing each day throughout this glorious fall season. Today it is bare of its bright colored leaves...barren...that is how I feel, as if everything colorful in my life has been stripped away from me. I still stand tall and strong, though I do not necessarily feel that way, because I know I am well-rooted......grounded in the most profound way. The knowledge of this strength is what will sustain me...forcing me to realize that not only will I survive this winter of my life, but I will make it to the other side...budding and renewed....ready to meet the warmer times that await.

1 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

That sounds like a wonderful confirmation... just keep telling yourself that. It will be so.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home