Thursday, October 25, 2007

'Memory Lane'.....

A friend of mine is a new grandmother. Both her oldest daughter and second child, a son, have baby boys now. The mother of her son's baby sends photos and updates to family and friends regarding her son. I am happy to be included on the list and felt a touch of melancholy while composing an e-mail of gratutide to her today. I decided to create a post of our recent exchanges, because I feel they carry feelings that many can relate to. (The pics are of my own kids...I'll remove the names of my friends to protect their privacy to that degree.)

Enjoy your own 'trip'.....


"Hey-new pics-pages 1-3...he's pretty much doing the same thing! gotta run-bath time love to all-J___ T___ & S______"



Lovely pics....thanks for sharing...S___ looks like one really happy baby...he's a lucky lil guy!! And it looks like he's crawling out of that carrier...won't be long before we see pics of S___ walking!!! I can't believe it!! I appreciate being on your list--it's great watching him grow!!

I hope all is well with you three...it appears that things are great...stay happy!

'Auntie_Di'



"Hey Diane-thanks! He's so funny-he's doing this growling thing now! You would think that it would hurt his throat but he still does it all the time! He was trying to crawl out of the car seat when we were watching the football game-first time he's tried to do it that way! Hope everything is going well! We're doing great! See you at Christmas-J___"

N____ told me about the growl...she loves sharing stories about the grandkids. When my nephew, Sam, was a baby/little boy, 'The Lion King' was popular. He used to carry a rubber lion in his hand at all times. It was hollow on the inside and had it's mouth open. Sam found a way to blow air into the lion's mouth and make it sound like a growl. It's funny how universal some things are....I never wanted to put a toy gun into Will's hand when he was little, and his dad's mom thought I was being overly protective...she pointed out that he would pick up a stick in the yard and pretend it was a sword, and yes, even a gun. She was right, and it's true...lots of little boys do that.

While many things in life change, some remain the same. I appreciate that you share your pics and stories with us. It gives me not only the opportunity to keep up with you all, but also an excuse to reflect and remember the moments in the lives of my kids when they were babies/toddlers, etc. I'm happy to hear your stories relating to your time with S______ and to have a reason to revisit, through your experiences, similar times I shared with my kids.

Happy parenting!!! Thanks, again, for sharing with me!!

Diane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home