Saturday, September 24, 2005

I'm finding a theme here, but I'm not certain I like it. Regardless, it's where I am in life...so I may as well flow with it!

My friend, Peggi, recently shared a book title with me, 'Bittergirl', and in the intro is "The Bittergirl Manifesto" (which I will share, because, unfortunately, this IS where I am in my own life):

"Everyone has their story.
Some have many stories.
But there's always one:
The one we coin the breakup of all breakups.
And everyone thinks theirs is the most painful.
"Nobody hurt like I did," we say.
We thrive on it, we bond through it.
And if someone steals our glory, if someone's story surpasses
the pain and hurt of our tale, we dismiss it.
Don't dismiss it.
We've all earned our scars.
Remember, when all hope is lost, when you feel there's no
tomorrow,
You're walking in darkness and drowning in sorrow,
Remember,
Yesterday's heartache is tomorrow's one-liner.
We laugh and move on.
It's what we do. It's how we get through.
We've got our stories. What's yours?"

The book proclaims there is "empowerment from misery" if "you embrace the bitterness." Accordingly, "bittergirls are bettergirls". Ha! It is dedicated to "......happily ever after....without you!" Haha!!

After such an ending....is where I begin......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home